Special Events for Alumni Association
Executive Director of the Alumni Association/Director of Alumni Affairs
Purpose and Scope
The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for the planning and delivery of special events and programs on behalf of the Alumni Association and Alumni Affairs. These events and programs are aimed at engaging alumni, university, and community partners as well as fostering relationship building with all constituents. The Special Events Coordinator will also collaborate with other areas of the University community regarding co-branded events and programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Special Events Coordinator will coordinate and facilitate all events on behalf of the Alumni Association while working with leadership throughout the University. Events such as but not limited to include:
- Alumni Travel
- Association of Future Alumni Co-advisor
- Committee meetings
- Council Leadership Weekend & spring meeting
- Grad Expo
- Lunch & Learn program
- Outstanding Alumni Award
- Outstanding Graduate
- Ring Ceremony
- SOUL Camp
- Special Recognition Ceremonies
- Spring Gala
- Tailgate/Bus trips
- Facilitate alumni engagement with special niche groups such as Greek alumni groups, specific reunions by major and year, residential life partnering
- Foster relationship & engagement of alumni with Career Services collaboration
- Handle other special events, programs and duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Comanages the selection process for AFA members and will assist in the planning and implementation of all activities of the student group
- Plan and oversee programs and activities for young alumni and recent graduates
- Promote fundraising efforts on behalf of the Alumni Association and University such as Alumni Association Loyalty Fund, University Annual Fund, etc.
- Provide assistance to event volunteers
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Associate Director (Outreach & Special Programs) Director of Events to secure sponsorships as needed
- Assist in generating revenue to support alumni programs and projects through sponsorships, in accordance with the University’s fundraising policies and guidelines.
The Special Events Coordinator provides staff support to the Alumni Association standing committees: Special Events, Homecoming, Spring Gala, and Spring Gala Auction, etc.
The Special Events Coordinator may oversee student intern(s) who assist with Young Alumni and Association of Future Alumni (AFA) programs.
The Special Events Coordinator supports the mission of our Advancement Team partners: Development, Advancement Services, Foundation, Athletics/RCAF and the Office of Communication & Marketing.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and three references to the UL Lafayette Foundation by emailing email@example.com.