Associate Vice President for Alumni Engagement and Chief Executive Officer for University of Louisiana at Lafayette Alumni Association (Referred to as AVP/CEO in the description below.)
Purpose and Scope
The AVP/CEO is the ranking administrator responsible for the long-range, strategic vision of the Office of Alumni Engagement and Alumni Association, including the overall administration of the department with a focus on relationship building, Loyalty Fund fundraising, and fulfillment of the Association’s mission.
AVP/CEO shall serve as the liaison between the University Administration and Alumni Association. Oversees university engagement events, programs, and special events.
Duties and Responsibilities
The AVP/CEO is responsible for the long-range, strategic vision, as well as implementation of goals, objectives, and policies. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of alumni engagement activities and the Alumni Association.
- Establish organizational and departmental short and long-range goals complete with metrics and benchmarking.
- Maintain a permanent record of proceedings of the Board of Directors.
- Supervise and manage the upkeep and maintenance of the Alumni facilities.
Alumni Engagement, Relationship Building and Relevance:
- Establish quarterly communication channels with alumni clubs and chapters to communicate Association and University mission, initiatives and to seek alumni feedback on relevance and the needs of alumni.
- Set a rotation of travel and visitations to ensure clubs and chapters have access to AVP/CEO.
- Cultivate and engage past board members with calls or visits.
- Establish liaison relationships with university leadership, other university advancement personnel, and other university affiliated organizations, and Alumni board members with the goal of consistently engaging and informing each about the Association’s mission, goals, and initiatives.
- Establish and encourage professional staff to seek local community engagement opportunities with the goal of service, building the brand of the Association and informing the community about the Association's mission, goals, and initiatives.
- Responsible for implementation of the Alumni Association’s scholarship and recognition award programs.
- Lead efforts to maintain innovative technology solutions for donor/ member development, acquisition, appreciation, and renewal.
Finance and Fund Development:
- Lead the budget planning process and oversee monthly departmental review of revenue and expenses.
- Develop budget based on fundraising, Association operational requirements, and Alumni Council goals.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute annual and multi-year funding initiatives with a goal of continuously increasing funding and ensuring the financial integrity of the Association.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute all Loyalty Fund initiatives to increase funding for the Association, in partnership with the Office of Development and Annual Giving.
Marketing, Communication and Branding:
- Create, maintain, and implement a multi-year plan of action for marketing, communications, and branding initiatives in partnership with Advancement Communications, for:
- Alumni engagement and education
- Alumni club and chapter expansion
- Donor/member acquisition, appreciation, renewal, and maintenance
- Alumni facility rentals growth
- Unrelated business income growth through sponsorships and partnerships
- Cajun Compass professional networking and mentorship
- Alumni Association social media utilization
Board Development and Engagement:
- Create avenues of communication and opportunities to build relationships among board members, staff, and AVP/CEO.
- Work closely with the Vice President for University Advancement and CEO for University Foundation and Alumni Association Executive Board of Directors to report about meetings, events, activities, and opportunities for growth.
- Maintain a list of potential board members to include biographical information, donor and volunteer activities with the goal of diversifying the board to better represent the population of alumni and to ensure recruitment of professional expertise.
- Review and provide expertise, guidance, and leadership as an ex-officio member of the committees of the Board of Directors.
- Strategize, coordinate, and supervise engagement and activities of the Alumni Council in collaboration with the Alumni Executive Board to cultivate, recruit, train, and direct volunteers, volunteer leadership, and various committees to guide toward success.
- Supervise, set goals and objectives, and conduct performance reviews for all staff.
- Coach and take corrective action as required to improve performance of staff.
- Develop and implement professional development plan for all employees.
- Develop succession plan.
- Lead a team including Associate Director, Assistant Directors, Senior Director of Alumni Facilities & Special Events, student staff and interns.
- Provide staff support to all Alumni Association standing committees such as: Awards, Facilities, Global Engagement, Communications, Faculty Alumni, Nominating, and Scholarship, etc.
Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for University Advancement and CEO for the University Foundation, University President, or Alumni Board of Directors in accordance with University policies and procedures, and in support of the mission and goals of the Association and University.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
AVP/CEO must have a strong interest in the University of Louisiana at Lafayette with three to five years prior experience in the Higher Education Alumni Engagement/Alumni Relations profession. Consideration will also be given to candidates possessing experience in university advancement, annual giving, marketing and/or communication, non-profit, or a comparable role. Managerial/supervisory experience preferred.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university required.
Required skills include strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication, computer, and data analytical skills. Must be energetic, self-motivated, and goal-oriented.
Position requires frequent travel and attendance at evening and weekend activities.
Apply using the following link: https://louisiana.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/1737?c=l...