The UL Lafayette Alumni Association strives to promote good fellowship among alumni, strengthen the ties of loyalty and devotion of alumni to their alma mate, and further the interests of the institution.
The Alumni Council and the Alumni staff work together to:
- Promote and preserve the traditions of the University and the unique culture of our area;
- Promote UL Lafayette's status as a Doctoral II Research University and its commitment to undergraduate education with emphasis on the quality of teaching and sensitivity to diversity in the curriculum;
- Promote UL Lafayette's commitment to being both accessible and academically excellent;
- Communicate the accomplishments and challenges of the Association and the University to alumni (graduates and former students), students and other UL Lafayette constituencies;
- Encourage alumni and friends of the University to use their time, talents, financial and human resources for the betterment of UL and to influence others to do the same;
- Provide opportunities for alumni to interact with each other and the University through a variety of programs and services;
- Maintain accurate data on alumni and friends of the University to facilitate communications between the University and its constituencies;
- Conduct ongoing legislative programs capitalizing on the resources of alumni, students, faculty, parents, friends, and community leaders to strengthen relationships with public officials;
- Promote the University's role in serving the needs of the state in areas such as economic development, environmental conservation, health care and public education; and
- Recognize the strong, past, and growing future of the University and the essential role of the Alumni Association in the future of the University.
Jennifer LeMeunier, Executive Director
Jennifer is responsible for the long-range, strategic vision of the Alumni Association and Department of Alumni Affairs along with the overall administration of the department focusing on relationship building, fundraising, volunteer recruitment and fulfillment of the Association’s mission. Jennifer’s duties include coordinating activities of the Alumni Council and Board, supervising the year-round calendar of alumni engagement both on and off campus, overseeing the implementation of the Alumni Association’s scholarship and recognition programs, as well as maintaining fiscal stability through budget preparation. She also works with faculty and staff looking for ways for the Alumni Association to collaborate on academic and athletic fronts.